297YGZDyhUDCh3woRmm4g9RKNSQ The Adventures of Boogerhead and Me: Baking with Toddlers

Search This Blog

Thursday, December 9, 2010

Baking with Toddlers

Not as simple or quit as fun as I envisioned. More like a tornado and a hurricane...mixed with some insanity in your kitchen. Not to mention my teens who are whining that I didn't bake with them when they were little. Now we know why. Plus, I was not a cook back then. I am not much better now, but we eat more than Hamburger Helper nowadays. Being a stay at home, homeschooling homemaker is not as "relaxing" and "unjob like" as most precieve. Try shopping at Walmart during the holidays with a cranky 3 year old and 2 obnoxious teens. I cook, clean, teach, referee, and iron uniforms among other chores. Baking has become my escape. Mind you...I did not say I was very good at it...at least not yet. Back to baking with the toddler.....I let her stir....bad decision on my part. Toddlers stir with happiness and energy....hence sticky walls. I then let her pretend bake while I finished my cinnamon bread. I can smell it now. I hope it tastes as good as it smells. I made my first yeast rolls during Thanksgiving. I learned the hard way that hot liquids kill yeast. Really. After 4 more hours I finally had edible rolls. Good enough in fact that my mil said they were delicious and she took some home!! Bread is about ready....let ya in on that tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. Welcome To BlogLand! And I'm sure your bread will come out just fine. P.S. I'm special because I'm the first commenter on your blog EVER!

    ReplyDelete